An authentic chimichurri sauce recipe with finely chopped parsley, olive oil, and vinegar! This green sauce is perfect for every barbecue party and tastes excellent with grilled vegetables.
- ⅜ cup (90ml) olive oil
- ⅛ cup (30ml) red wine vinegar or white balsamic/red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot or onion
- 1 clove garlic add more for extra garlic taste
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes optional if you like it spicy
Chop the shallot, garlic, and parsley very thin.
Mix all ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and let it sit for 30 minutes.
Second option: Add all ingredients into a food processor and pulse a few times until you have a sauce with little chunky pieces (you don't want it super smooth unless you like it that way).
- It’s best if the sauce can sit for 30 minutes (room temperature or fridge) to develop its full flavor. Skip this step if you are in a hurry.
- Store the sauce for up to 3 days in your fridge.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 5.7mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.5mg