Grilled Vegetable Skewers with Vegan Herb Butter
Eat the rainbow! Theses grilled vegetable skewers with homemade vegan herb butter is the perfect recipe for the summer! Easy, healthy, delicious, and vegan!
Mixed Vegetable Skewers
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 4 cremini mushrooms quartered
- 2 bell peppers, red and yellow in large chunks
- 2 red onions quartered
- 1 zucchini in thick slices
- 1 sweet potato in chunks
- 15-20 wooden or metal skewers
- 2 tbsp olive oil or canola, sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic grated or pressed
Vegan Herb Butter
- ½ cup (100g) plant-based butter or margarine at room temperature
- ⅛ cup (10g) fresh herbs thinly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
Heat your grill or a grill pan to medium high heat.
Peel and chop the sweet potato. Cook it for 5 minutes in boiling salt water.
Wash and prepare all the other veggies (see ingredient notes).
Mix all ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl.
Skewers the vegetables onto the skewers. You can sort them by veggies or mix them up. Brush them with the marinade using a basting brush
Grill each side of the skewers for 5-10 minutes until your veggies are crisp and lightly burned. Serve with herb butter or chimichurri sauce.
To make the herb butter: Mix all ingredient in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate for up to one week if you don't use it right away.
- Store leftover for up to a few days in your fridge and reheat in a skillet or use for veggie sandwiches.
- You can also toss the veggies with the marinade in a large bowl before skewering them.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 924mg | Potassium: 658mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 7755IU | Vitamin C: 99.9mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1.6mg