Turkish Pide Bread (No Knead)
Making your own homemade Turkish Pide Bread is so easy and doesn't even involve kneading. Let me show you how to bake this Turkish bread recipe at home without much effort.
Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast in a large bowl. Make a hollow in the middle and add the water and olive oil (1 tbsp). Mix using a wooden spoon until well combined (don't knead the dough).
Cover with a damp tea towel or plastic wrap and let it rise for one hour at room temperature.
Place the flour on a well-floured surface and form into a thin (~0.4inch/1cm) rectangle using your hands. Transfer on a with parchment paper-lined baking sheet and cover with a plastic foil or a large enough casserole (place it reversed over the dough). ➝ I would not use a damp tea towel for this step, as it tends to stick on the dough easily.
Let it rise for another 45-60 minutes. Preheat your oven to 445°F/230°C (in the last 20 minutes of this time).
Press your fingertips slightly into the dough to draw diagonal lines (watch the video above to see how to do that).
Brush your dough with the olive oil, sprinkle with the seeds, and bake for 12 minutes.
Let it cool on a cooling rack before serving.
- Serve it with hummus, tzatziki, or guacamole. Use it for sandwiches, vegan gyros or as kebab bread.
- How long does this Turkish bread stay fresh? It’s best eaten the same day you prepare it. But you can store it in a plastic bag or Tupperware for two days, rebake before serving.
- Can I freeze this bread? Yes, preferably immediately after baking, as soon as it has cooled. Use it within three months and place it frozen in the preheated oven to thaw.
- Can I use fresh yeast to make this recipe? Of course. Use 7.5g (½ tbsp) fresh yeast and dissolve in warm water before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.
- It tasted delicious with hummus, sandwiches, or vegan kebab.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 586mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 2.9mg