No doubt, this is the perfect homemade pizza recipe. A super thin and crispy crust, topped with a simple tomato sauce, mozzarella di Buffalo, and fresh basil leaves. Like you would eat it in the heart of Italy.
Trust me when I am saying, this recipe took me a few months to create. It was not only in your best interest but also in mine, to create the perfect homemade pizza recipe. From different dough variations over various type of sauce and baking ways, I tried everything. Now, the thing is, it’s not necessary to make a 24-hour dough which has to rise in your fridge overnight (recommended by a lot of Italians). Important is the way how you bake it.
Look how thin the crust is
The Perfect Homemade Pizza
The dough for this pizza recipe is very simple and has to rise for only 90 minutes. Also, the sauce is done in under 5 minutes, no cooking needed.
Now, one of the important steps is to preheat your oven very well to the maximum temperature, which is 230°C/445°F for mine. The pizza stone needs to be preheated too. If you don’t have one, it doesn’t matter. I don’t have one either. Instead, use a baking tray which you place conversely in the middle of your oven -> this will be your new pizza stone for the future. Your very thin rolled out dough will be baked for 5 minutes on it, without any toppings. This allows the crust to build the well-known bubbles and makes the crust perfect. Take it out, add the sauce and mozzarella di Buffalo, and bake your pizza just until the cheese has melted, which takes about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves, and you will be in the pizza heaven.
- 250 g (2 cups) flour , type '00'
- 20 g (20 g) fresh yeast
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) sugar
- 120 ml (0.45 cups) lukewarm water
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) salt
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 260 g (1.7 cups) tomato passata
- 1 (1 ) small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) sugar
- 1 (1 ) mozzarella di Buffalo
- 1 handful (1 handful) basil leaves
- Add the yeast, sugar, and about a quarter of the water into a kitchen machine bowl. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until it starts to foam.
- Add the rest of the water and flour and knead with the dough hook at the lowest speed level until you have a well-combined dough.
- Then add the salt and olive oil and knead for 10 minutes at speed level 2.
- Cover with a damp kitchen towel for 1.5 hours at room temperature.
- Mix all ingredient together.
- Preheat your oven and a pizza stone for at least 30 minutes to 230°C/445°F. If you don't have a pizza stone, you can also use a baking tray. Therefore, place it conversely in the middle of the oven.
- Place your pizza dough on a well-floured working surface. Divide it into two parts. Roll each one out as thin as possible using a rolling pin.
- Now, place one rolled out dough on a baking sheet and transfer it to the preheated pizza stone or baking tray. Pour about 20ml water on the bottom of your oven, the steam will make your dough perfect.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Take it out of the oven, spread it with the half of the pizza sauce and half of the mozzarella di Buffalo, and bake it for another 8 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven, sprinkle with the basil leaves and cut into 8 slices.
- Bake the second pizza the same way.