Read in: Deutsch
A healthy vegan carrot ginger soup for cold winter days which is made in only 30 minutes. If you have a cold or craving a hot meal full of veggies, this ginger soup recipe is perfect for you.
This soup is loaded with vitamins from the carrots and immune boosting nutrients from the ginger. It’s a hearty warm meal which is healthy, vegan, and made with little effort.
If you make this ginger soup, you must love ginger as you can taste it with every spoon. Ginger has many health benefits and is especially beneficial during the winter.
Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
- Chop all veggies.
- Cook the onion, garlic, and ginger in coconut oil until translucent.
- Add the carrots and roast for a few minutes. Roasting your carrots gives your soup a richer flavor.
- Add the liquid, close the lid, and simmer until the carrots are soft.
- Blend it well and season your soup with lime juice, salt, pepper.
How To Store Soup
The best way to store your soup for a long time (up to two weeks) is if you transfer the soup into a clean glass jar while hot and let it cool down in the closed jar. Then store it in your fridge until you reheat it. You can also freeze soup for up to a few months.
- Use less ginger for a less strong ginger flavor.
- Add other vegetables – but make sure to keep the ratio between vegetable stock and veggies (about 1:1).
- Substitute half of the vegetable stock with coconut milk.
- Add cashew cream or vegan cream before serving for a creamy soup.
More Vegan Soup Recipes
Vegan Carrot Ginger SoupLeave a Review Print Pin
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, or another oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp (30g) ginger, minced
- 5 (500g) large carrots , peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Heat a pan with the oil. Add the minced onion, garlic, and ginger and cook for 5 minutes. Add the roughly chopped carrots and roast for another 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, close the lid, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix the soup in a blender or with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Serve hot.
- The serving size is for four people as a starter or two as a main dish.
- For a creamy taste, add cashew cream, coconut milk or vegan cream.
- You can store the soup in your fridge for up to one week.
- The soup has an intense ginger taste, which is perfect if you have a cold. For a less intense ginger flavor, reduce the amount of ginger used to one tablespoon.