Read in: Deutsch
Green asparagus tart baked on a sheet of puff pastry with cheese – the perfect tart recipe for spring and asparagus lovers.
This asparagus cheese tart is very easy to make and can be enjoyed as dinner along with salad, an appetizer, or party snack.
Asparagus Cheese Tart
Asparagus and cheese goes very well together and tastes delicious baked in the oven. This asparagus tart is best served warm when the cheese is melted and crispy at the same time.
If you have leftovers, reheat them in the oven the next day.
Asparagus & Puff Pastry
What’s great about this recipe is that it’s effortless to make and doesn’t need a lot of preparation time. Once in the oven, you have time to make a salad to serve along or clean up your kitchen.
Raw green asparagus are arranged on a sheet of puff pastry, spilled with a mixture of egg and heavy cream, and sprinkled with cheese. That’s it.
If you want to take it one step further, prepare your own pastry according to this rough puff pastry recipe!
To give this tart a creamy and flavorful texture, you need to add a sauce made with heavy cream and eggs (see picture below).
This sauce is very liquid at the beginning, but once in the oven, it starts to thicken and transfers into a creamy texture. It’s the same mixture make quiches, like this leek and quiche recipe, with.
Asparagus Tart Recipe
This step-by-step guide will help you along the way – definitely recommended if you’re a new cook!
The exact quantities and everything else you need to know for the recipe can be found in the recipe card below.
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F/200°C (fan based).
2. Wash the asparagus thoroughly and cut off the tough ends
3. Place the puff pastry sheet on a with parchment paper lined baking tray or rectangular baking tin. It is ideal if the baking tray is slightly smaller than the dough. Press the dough into the edges and sides. The puff pastry should stand up on the sides and should not lie flat on the tray. Otherwise, the cream-egg mixture may leak later.
4. Prick the puff pastry with a fork. ➝ This is important so that the dough does not rise during baking.
5. Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
7. Mix the eggs, heavy cream, ground nutmeg, salt, and pepper and pour over the asparagus.
8. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
9. Bake the tart for 20 minutes in the oven until golden brown.
The asparagus tart tastes the best if served warm. Leftovers can be stored for a maximum of 3 days in the fridge and reheated in the oven.
More Asparagus Recipes
- Vegan Asparagus Pasta Alfredo Style
- Asparagus Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Asparagus with Sauce Hollandaise
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Green Asparagus Cheese TartLeave a Review Print Pin
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F (fan). Wash the asparagus and trim off the tough ends.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on a with parchment paper lined baking tray or rectangular baking tin and press into the edges and sides. Poke holes inside the dough using a fork.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese and arrange the asparagus on it. Trim the ends if they don’t fit (you can use the ends for other recipes, see notes). Mix the egg, heavy cream, and spices in a small bowl and pour over the asparagus. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake the tart for 20 minutes until golden brown and serve warm.