Read in: Deutsch
The easiest and most delicious homemade vegan mayo recipe you have to know. Let me show you how to make a thick white vegan mayo at home.
Making homemade vegan mayonnaise is so easy and quick to make. No need to hunt for an expensive and not so excellent mayo alternative. Plus, you most possibly have all the ingredients you need to make this vegan mayo recipe already at home.
You can use it as a dip, for salad dressings, or delicious sandwich sauces. The taste of this vegan mayo is delicious, and you don’t recognize a difference to classic mayonnaise, expect there are no raw eggs inside. Let me show you to make this basic, simple, and quick recipe.
Vegan Mayo Ingredients
- Unsweetened Soy Milk: the vegan “egg” substitute.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: makes the soy milk curdle & thick.
- Sunflower Oil: the main ingredient for taste and thickness.
- Spices: mustard, lemon juice, salt, and sugar.
- Variations: Use canola oil instead of sunflower oil. Add your favorite spices like chipotle, fresh garlic or garlic powder, herbs.
How To Make Vegan Mayo
- First of all, you need to blend the soy milk and apple cider vinegar in your food processor or with an immersion blender. Place the soy milk in the food processor (1) and add the apple cider vinegar (2). Your milk now starts to curdle. Mix well until your milk is thickened (3).
- With the food processor or immersion blender on, slowly add the oil until you have a thick white mayo (4). It’s important to add the oil slowly – if you add the oil all at once, the mayo eventually doesn’t get thick.
- Season your mayo with spices and serve immediately or store up to a few days in your fridge.
You don’t have a food processor no immersion blender? Use a large bowl and whisk and make the mayo the traditional old way. The steps are the same, but you need a little more time to do it. Be careful to add the oil extra slow.
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Homemade Vegan Mayo
- ¼ cup soymilk unsweetened
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ~½ cup sunflower oil or canola oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Add the soymilk and apple cider vinegar to a food processor or immersion blender and mix.
- With the blender on, slowly add the sunflower oil until you have a thick mayo. You can add more oil if you want the mayo to be even thicker.
- Season with lemon juice, mustard, salt, and sugar.
- The recipe is for one small jar of mayo. Double the amount if you invited friends or have a family with kids.
- The mayo tastes the best if fresh. However, you can store it in your fridge for up to a few days.
- It’s important to slowly add the oil with the blender or food processor on – this ensures that your mayo thickens.
- Important: The recipe ONLY works with soy milk! Please don’t substitute with any other plant-based milk or it won’t work.