This mushroom rice recipe is simple to make and deserves to be called a
Rice and Mushroom
Sliced mushrooms cooked in the same pot as the rice is super simple to make and you only need to wash one
This mushroom rice recipe is similar to mushroom risotto, but it’s made with long grain rice instead of risotto rice. Therefore, it isn’t as creamy as the typical risotto as you know it, and that’s precisely what I like most about this recipe.
It can be enjoyed as a dinner which is simple to make in under 40 minutes. I like to make this vegan one-pot rice with button mushrooms (they are always available at the supermarket), but feel free to use a mix of your preferred mushrooms.
Mushroom Rice Recipe – How To
- Mince the garlic and onion and cook in a pot with coconut oil.
- Slice the mushrooms, add to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add long grain rice and cook another minute.
- Deglaze with vegetable broth and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Season your mushroom rice with plant-based butter, salt, and pepper before serving.
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, or other oil
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups (300g) mushroom , in strips
- 1 cup (180g) long grain rice
- 2 cups (480ml) vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp plant-based butter, vegetarian: butter
- salt & pepper
- Peel and mince the onion and garlic. Slice the mushrooms.
- Preheat a pot with the coconut oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the mushroom and cook for another 5 minutes. If the mushrooms start to stick, you can add more oil if needed. Add the rice and cook for another minute.
- Deglaze with the vegetable broth and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the butter and season with salt and pepper.
- You can add a little bit of cream or cheese for a creamy mushroom rice.