Read in: Deutsch
A super moist and incredibly delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! This two-layered beauty is the star at every Easter party!
Easter is coming soon, and you have to make this carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for your family. It’s a super moist cake because of the use of unsweetened applesauce with a creamy cream cheese frosting on top!
The highlight of this carrot cake are the two layers! In my opinion, a two-layered cake looks just so much more professional and noble.
In fact, it’s not too complicated to make a two-layered cake. Just try it out, and you will be surprised. There are a few simple rules to follow, like with every other cake recipe.
You can use storebought applesauce for this recipe or make your own at home. I prefer to make my own one as I then can choose the kind of apples I want and am sure that it’s unsweetened. The cake has already enough calories, trust me. Have a look at my recipe for steamed applesauce or this unsweetened apple sauce!
To make it even more beautiful, top it with a few whole and some chopped pecan nuts.
It’s important that the baked cakes are even, otherwise, the whole cake could fall over once decorated. To achieve this, cut away all uneven parts of each cake base using a sharp knife. It doesn’t need to be perfect.
More Easter Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easter Bunny Rolls
- Braided Easter Bread
- (Vegan Pigs) Carrots in a Blanket
- Vegan Zopf Bread – Swiss Braided Bread
- Braided Nutella Bread
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingLeave a Review Print Pin
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C) conventional. Line a 9inch (22 cm) round cake pan with baking paper or grease well with oil/butter.
- Toast pecan nuts for a few minutes over medium heat, chop,, and set aside.
- Add the oil, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix for one minute. Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the shredded carrots and chopped pecan nuts.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, and salt and mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the lined caked pan and bake for 35 minutes in the middle of the preheated oven. Let it cool for a few minutes on a cooling wrack. Carefully take on the first cake base.
- Line the cake pan again, and repeat with the second half of the batter. Do you have two equal cake pans at home? Bake both cake base at the same time.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Meanwhile, cook the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until it turns golden brown, but dont burn. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix the butter with the cream cheese in a large bowl. Add the vanilla extract, salt, and powdered sugar and mix until you have a smooth frosting.
- It’s important that the baked cakes are even, otherwise, the whole cake could fall over once decorated. To achieve this, cut away all uneven parts of each cake base using a sharp knife. It doesn’t need to be perfect.
- Place one cake base on a plate and top it with about 1/3 of the frosting. Spread it even using a baking spatula.
- Place the second cake base on top and repeat the procedure. Spread the rest of the frosting evenly around the cake. If you want, you can decorate it with a few extra pecan nuts.
- Store it in the refrigerator until serving.
- Bake the carrot cake one day in advance, store it in the refrigerator, and decorate with the cream cheese frosting a few hours before serving.
- The frosting can get runny if too warm. If you have time, refrigerate the cake for a few hours before serving.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator and eat within 2 days.