*This post may contain affiliate links.
Discover the secrets to making perfectly crispy baked kale chips at home! A foolproof recipe for a healthy, crunchy snack in no time!
Are you craving something crunchy, tasty, and oh-so-healthy? Look no further! Today, we’re diving into the world of Baked Kale Chips – the perfect guilt-free snack that’s both nutritious and delicious. Whether you’re a seasoned kale enthusiast or new to this leafy green, this blog post will show you how to transform it into a mouth-watering treat.
Kale, a superstar in the world of greens, is not just for salads anymore. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, kale chips offer a fantastic way to enjoy the benefits of this superfood. When baked, kale leaves transform into irresistibly crispy chips that are perfect for satisfying your snack cravings.
This baked kale chips recipe is easy to make and endlessly customizable with your favorite seasonings. Forget those calorie-laden, fatty chips. This healthier alternative makes even TV-time snacking a joy, whether you’re snacking solo or sharing with friends.
Tips for the Perfect Kale Chips
- Dry Your Kale: Make sure your kale is thoroughly dried after washing. Moisture is the enemy of crispiness!
- Don’t Overcrowd: Spread the kale in a single layer to ensure even baking and crispiness.
- Watch the Oven: Kale chips can go from perfect to burnt quickly, so keep an eye on them.
See recipe card for quantities.
Visual Step-by-Step Instructions
This visual step-by-step instruction will help you along the way – definitely recommended if you’re a cooking beginner!
PREP & MARINATE THE KALE: Remove the kale leaves from the stem and tear them into bite-sized pieces. Wash in a salad spinner and dry well. Combine kale, olive oil, and spices in a large bowl and mix well by hand.
BAKING: Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and distribute the kale leaves evenly on them (they should not overlap for crispier results). Bake in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until crispy!
Let the crispy kale chips cool down a bit, then enjoy. Happy snacking!
There are a variety of spices you can use to create different flavors:
- Coconut Oil: If you like, you can use flavor-neutral coconut oil instead of olive oil.
- Lemon: Lemon juice or grated lemon zest gives the chips a refreshing citrus note, which goes well with the slightly bitter taste of the kale.
- Curry Spice: Curry powder can give the kale chips an exotic and aromatic flavor.
- Sesame: Sesame seeds add a nutty flavor and additional texture. For an even more intense flavor, add a splash of sesame oil.
- Parmesan: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese adds a rich umami flavor.
- Herbs: Dried herbs like rosemary, thyme, or oregano give the chips a herbal and earthy note.
Store the kale chips in an airtight container at room temperature.
If the chips lose their crispness during storage, you can re-toast them briefly in the oven at a low temperature. This helps to make them crispy again.
More Kale Recipes
Baked Kale Chips
Click on the stars to leave a vote!
- 1 bunch (300 g) kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Remove the kale leaves from the stem and tear them into bite-sized pieces. Wash in a salad spinner and dry well.
- Combine kale, olive oil, and spices in a large bowl and mix well by hand.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and distribute the kale leaves evenly on them (they should not overlap for crispier results).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until crispy!
- Let the kale chips cool down a bit, then enjoy.