Delicious and healthy vegan raw kale salad with a homemade dressing, roasted walnuts, and figs. This winter salad is a perfect starter or can be enjoyed as a low carb dinner dish.
Vegan Kale Salad
This vegan kale salad is super easy to make and can be enjoyed as a healthy weeknight dinner or as a starter. Roasted walnuts give this raw kale salad a winterly nutty and crispy taste. Topping it with sliced dried figs not only leaves a sweet note but also makes this winter salad to a slightly more nutritious meal.
Benefits of Raw Kale
Raw kale is low in calories and full of nutrients. One of the healthies vegetables you should eat during winter, when it’s in season, to stay fit in the cold time of the year. If you want to know more about the benefits of kale, make sure to check out this guide.
How To Make Kale Salad
- Prepare the homemade dressing.
- Wash and chop the kale.
- Massage the kale with the dressing using your hands.
- Roast the walnuts and chop the dried figs and top it on the raw kale salad. Use fresh figs if in season
- Serve it immediately or leave it up to one hour in your fridge to soften.
Kale Salad Dressing
A very easy lightly sweet dressing is one of the best for kale salad. With just a handful of
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Variations: Use honey if non-vegan. Use red or white wine vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar. Add minced ginger.
More Vegan Salad Recipes
Vegan Kale Salad with Walnuts and FigsLeave a Review Print Pin
- 2 oz (60g) kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) walnut, chopped & roasted
- 2 dried figs, chopped
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing. Wash and chop the kale, pour the dressing over and gently massage it with your hands. Set aside.
- Chop the walnuts and roast them in a pan for a few minutes until brown. Cut the figs into strips.
- Add the walnut and figs and serve immediately or wrap and place in the fridge for one hour until softened.
- The serving is for two people as a starter or one person as a light main dish.
- Use fresh figs if in season.