A recipe for a homemade pie crust. Simple to make and suitable for beginners. Make sure to check out my must know for a NO-FAIL homemade pie crust. Homemade means quality, freshness, and tastiness.
How to make a homemade pie crust is a must know for every hobby baker. There is a huge difference in quality, taste, and freshness if you make your pie crust at home or if you buy it. The recipe is simple and can even be made if you are a beginner in the kitchen. The simplest way is if you use your kitchen machine for a pie crust, that’s why this recipe calls for one. You can either use a Kenwood (my best friend in the kitchen), Kitchen Aid, or any other one. Only make sure to use the correct beater (K-Beater/Flat Beater).
Now, that you know YOU can handle a homemade pie crust, let me explain to you the essential part: Always work with cold dough. It’s very important that your dough is always cold when working with it. Which means you have to refrigerate your dough at least for one hour, and you always have to put it back into the fridge if you don’t work with it. This is a rule you can stick too very easily, and trust me, it makes your pie crust life so much more comfortable. When the dough gets to warm, it’s difficult to handle it.
When you roll out your dough, use a rolling pin AND your hands. You can give
Must Know for a No-Fail Pie Crust
- Always work with cold dough.
- Don’t overwork/over-knead your dough.
- Prepare the pie crust up to one day in advance and store it in your fridge.
- Use a rolling pin AND your hands to form the dough.
- Wrap the dough around your rolling pin and unroll over the pie dish.
How to Make a Pie Crust
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, and butter until resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add apple cider vinegar and water until it comes together.
- Form it into a disc and wrap with plastic foil. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Lay on a floured working surface.
- Roll out using a rolling pin.
- Wrap the dough around the rolling pin and unroll over the pie dish.
- Use your homemade pie crust for your favorite pie recipe.
Sharing is Caring
Do you like my recipe? I would love if you could leave me a star rating. This way I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them ? Also, tag me on Instagram @aline_made or #alinemade – I will future all of your delicious food pictures on my account when you made my recipe!
Homemade Pie Crust
- 145 g all purpose flour
- 0.5 tbsp sugar
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 125 g butter, cold, in pieces
- 0.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp cold water
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the cold butter in pieces and mix it in your kitchen machine using the k-beater (Kenwood) or flat beater (Kitchen Aid) until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the apple vinegar and water and mix just until it comes together to a dough. Form it into a disc using your hands.
- Wrap the dough with plastic foil and refrigerate for one hour up to one day.
- Roll out your dough on a floured surface and use it for your preferred pie recipe.
- This recipe is for a single pie crust. If your recipe calls for a double pie crust, you can easily double the ingredients. Make sure to divide the dough into two similar parts at step 2 and form each of them in a disc.