If you are looking for a simple and quick dinner, this Spaghetti with Tomato Creme Fraiche Sauce is the perfect recipe for you. It’s ready to serve in 20 minutes and does taste like you are sitting with some friends in a little city in Italy enjoying some homemade spaghetti. The combination of tomatoes with the creme fraiche makes this pasta dish creamy and fresh at the same time.
The sauce doesn’t take long to cook. Therefore it’s perfect to do it while cooking your spaghetti al dente. When the spaghetti is cooked, just mix it with the sauce and cook for another one minutes until everything is well combined. Add some parmesan if you are a cheese lover and ready is your dinner.
I love to make this spaghetti with tomato and creme fraiche sauce recipe if I don’t have too much time to cook but want to eat something delicious with some carbohydrates. The sauce is also great if you have prepared too many spaghetti the day before and don’t have any sauce left. This sauce is done in 10 minutes and you just have to add the leftover spaghetti, cook them until warm and ready is your second-day spaghetti.
Spaghetti with Tomato Creme Fraiche Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 0.5 tbsp sugar
- 100 ml water
- 150 g creme fraiche
- salt & pepper
- 180 g spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti in a large bowl with one-liter boiling water and half a teaspoon of salt until al dente. This takes about 9-12 minutes -> Have a look at the label of the spaghetti package to know the exact time.
- Meanwhile, peel the garlic cloves and onion and cut them into thin slices.
- Preheat a nonstick frying pan with two tablespoon olive oil and roast the sliced garlic and onion for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes and add them to the pan. Cook for another 1 minute, then add a half tablespoon of sugar and caramelize it for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and creme fraiche to the pan and cook until the spaghetti is al dente. Season it with salt and pepper.
- When your spaghetti is al dente, drain them and add them to the sauce.
- Cook the spaghetti with the sauce together for another minute, this helps that the sauce will stick on the spaghetti.
Nutrition per Serving