Read in: Deutsch
A refreshing Thai cucumber salad recipe with cilantro, chili, and peanuts! Healthy, delicious, and quickly prepared.
This tangy Thai cucumber salad is bursting with flavor! It’s not only the perfect summer salad but can also be served as a side dish or starter along with any Asian dish. To make the salad, thinly slice an English cucumber and toss it with shallot, cilantro, chili, and crushed peanuts. Next, drizzle it with a light Asian salad dressing made with soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, sesame oil, and grated ginger – finished!
It’s honestly such a simple and quick recipe to make a homemade Asian cucumber salad that comes with the most beautiful flavors!
I am sure you will love the fact that this cucumber salad is super healthy, vegan, and almost fat-free (only 1 tsp of sesame oil is needed).
Plus, it can easily be made in advance. Let it marinate for a few hours in the fridge, and it will be even more flavorful as the cucumber has more time to absorb the dressing.
If you love this recipe, be sure also to try out those two Asian inspired cucumber salads:
- Asian Cucumber Salad with Sesame – crispy Japanese inspired cucumber salad with toasted sesame seeds, pepper, and a tangy dressing.
- Thai Cucumber Salad with Carrots and Peanuts – It’s inspired from the Thai Papaya Salad (Som Tam) but made without papaya – in case you can’t find fresh papaya where you are living, this is a very delicious alternative
Recipe FAQ & Tips
Can this salad be prepared in advance? Absolutely! Prepare it 2 hours or up to one day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. This way, the cucumber can absorb the dressing even better, resulting in a more flavorful salad. I suggest adding the peanuts right before serving.
How long does it stay fresh? Leftovers can be stored for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Ingredient Substitutions: Replace the shallot with one scallion or finely sliced red onion. Use toasted cashew nuts instead of peanuts. Replace cilantro with fresh mint. → Note: Every adjustment to the recipe alters the taste of this salad.
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Vermicelli Noodle Salad
- Vegan Summer Rolls
- Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Sweet & Sour Tofu
- Vegan Pho
- Vegan Thai Green Curry
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can create more of them.
Please follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook or sign up for my free newsletter to never miss the newest recipes. I would be thrilled to welcome you to my community & thank you so much for your support! 💕
Thai Cucumber Salad
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 shallot sliced
- ¼ cup (30 g) unsalted peanuts crushed in a mortar or chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 mild red chili seeded & sliced
- Slice cucumber into ½ inch slices.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Combine everything in a large serving bowl and toss until well combined. → Keep a few crushed peanuts for decoration!
- Leftovers: This salad is best served fresh. However, leftovers keep fresh for 1 day in an airtight container in the refrigerator.