The best ever brioche French toast recipe. Quick, easy, and amazingly tasty. Top this 10-minute French toast with cinnamon, sugar, and fresh fruits for a perfect start into your day.
This breakfast recipe is a must for every french toast lover. It is very soft inside and has the typical taste of delicious brioche, which is richer in its flavor than regular or sandwich bread.
what is brioche french toast
Brioche French toast is basically the same than French toast, but it’s made with a slice of brioche bread instead of
Here is a recipe for homemade brioche bread, you should bake your own if you have the time.
French bread, if you don’t know it, is bread dipped in a mixture of eggs and milk with a hint of vanilla extract. You first soak bread slices in the mix and then cook it in butter until crispy and golden brown. It’s typically served as breakfast or for brunch, but as it’s a very sweet dish you can also enjoy it for dessert.
How to make brioche french toast recipe
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt using a whisk.
- Cut the brioche bread into thick slices (they fall apart if they are too thin).
- Soak each side of the bread for 30 seconds in the egg-milk mixture.
- Cook each side until golden brown for about 3 minutes in a skillet over medium heat – make sure to add enough butter.
French toast isn’t the healthiest thing in the world and needs a little bit of fat to gain its crispiness. Cut down the amount of butter if you feel uncomfortable with it.
toppings for brioche bread french toast
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Fresh berries
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
More French Breakfast Recipes
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Brioche French Toast
- Mix the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Pour into a wide bowl or plate.
- Add one slice brioche bread to the mixture, and soak each side for 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining bread.
- Heat a skillet with one tablespoon of butter. Add the soaked bread and cook each side until golden brown for about 3 minutes. Add more butter when you turn the bread.
- Serve your brioche french toast with cinnamon, sugar, fresh berries, honey, or maple syrup.