Delicious little puff pastry tarts with fresh nectarines, hazelnuts, and honey. The perfect light summer dessert.
Nectarines are one of my favorite fruits as they taste incredibly sweet and are super moist when ripe, ideal for a healthy refreshment. Combined with this homemade puff pastry, they are the perfect summer dessert.
The good thing about this nectarine tarts recipe is that it’s made quickly, doesn’t need a lot of ingredients, and can be baked in advance (up to a few hours). I highly recommend using a homemade puff pastry, although this would stretch out the time for this recipe. But I totally get it if you prefer to buy your puff pastry sheet and enjoy the time elsehow.
Nectarine Puff Pastry Tarts in the Making
You simply have to brush the pastry with egg, sprinkle with the hazelnuts, add sliced nectarines, and top it with honey. The nectarine tarts need 15 minutes of baking, and they are ready.
Sharing is Caring
Do you like my recipe? I would love if you could leave me a star rating. This way I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them ? Also, tag me on Instagram @aline_made or #alinemade – I will future all of your delicious food pictures on my account when you made my recipe!
Nectarine Puff Pastry Tarts
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3 nectarine
- 40 g hazelnut, chopped & roasted
- 6 tsp honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 220°/430°F.
- Chop and roast the hazelnuts. Cut the nectarines in half and then in thin slices.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface. Cut into six long rectangles and place them on a with baking paper lined baking sheet.
- Beat the egg with a fork and brush the outer part of each puff pastry sheet with it. Sprinkle each one with the hazelnuts, add the sliced nectarine, and top them with one tablespoon of honey.
- Bake your tarts for about 15 minutes until golden in your preheated oven. Serve them warm or leave them to cool down on a cooling rack.
- You can use a homemade puff pastry for this recipe or puff pastry sheets from the supermarket.
- If you love things sweet, drizzle them with more honey before serving.
- If you need two divides the tarts between two baking sheets, make sure to bake one after the other.
- Substitute the nectarines with other stone fruits like peaches or plums.