Read in: Deutsch
The tastiest and juiciest roasted cherry tomato pasta ever! This vegan pasta recipe with oven roasted cherry tomatoes is super easy, quick, and a perfect family dinner!
Can you ever have enough easy and quick pasty recipes? Here is one more!
These spaghetti with oven roasted cherry tomato sauce is one of my favorite dinner recipes! It’s so full of flavor and made with little effort. I love the sweet taste of oven-roasted cherry tomatoes which are rolled up on a fork with spaghetti!
You are going to enjoy every bite of it, I promise!
Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Have you ever roasted tomatoes in the oven? They become especially aromatic, sweeter, and even juicer trough the roasting process. Trust me, roasting tomatoes is a first-class upgrade!
Cherry tomatoes are particularly suitable for roasting, as they retain their shape in the oven. If you cook them in a pot, they overcook and fall apart much faster. And are we honest, cherry tomatoes do taste the best when eaten as a whole in one bite.
Furthermore, you only need to flip the tomatoes 3 to 4 times during the baking time of 20 minutes. So, minimal effort for maximal taste. I would say this is a win-win situation. 🙂
Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes
Especially the combination of spaghetti with cherry tomatoes is wonderful. The tomatoes are losing some liquid while baking, which the spaghetti are going to soak up and leaves them with an aromatic flavor. The remaining liquid tasted like olive oil with a sweet flavor.
If you dislike spaghetti, you can substitute them with tagliatelle, penne or any other kind of pasta.
I love to use cherry tomatoes, the smallest of all tomatoes, for this recipe. They are especially flavorful and are sweeter than regular tomatoes.
Cherry tomatoes are the smallest tomatoes and have a weight up to 20g. You can buy them with stems or without and they are also available in different colors: red, orange, yellow. If you like, you can use a mixture of all colors.
It’s possible to make this recipe with cocktail tomatoes, which are a bit larger. If so, cut them in half before you bake them. Larger tomatoes aren’t suitable to make this particular recipe.
How To Roast Cherry Tomatoes
Just a visualization of how easy it is to roast cherry tomatoes in the oven!
- Toss cherry tomatoes, crushed garlic cloves, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried herbs, sugar, salt, and pepper in a baking dish.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 390°F/200°C. Flip 3-4 times.
- The cherry tomatoes are ready when they are soft and slightly wrinkled like in the picture below. Do you see all those remaining juice? That’s the perfect sauce for the spaghetti!
- Toss in the spaghetti and sprinkle with fresh basil! Enjoy it!
Recipe Tips & Tricks
Cherry tomatoes: Wash them thoroughly and remove the stalk from the tomatoes. Don’t chop them, you want to roast them as a whole!
Garlic: Peel and crush the garlic. The easiest way to do this is by using the back of a wooden spoon. If you roast whole garlic cloves in the oven, they are going to add a delightful scent to your pasta dish. You can eat them with the pasta or discard them if you prefer. I always eat the whole garlic cloves with my pasta.
Italian herbs: You can use fresh or dried herbs. I like to use dried basil and oregano because I always have these two at hand.
Casserole/Baking dish: Use a casserole or baking dish and not a baking tray to roast the tomatoes. They are going to lose some juice which you want to collect as a sauce for the spaghetti. A baking dish collects this juice on the bottom, whereas it would spread too much on a baking tray.
→ I love to use this round glass casserole to make this recipe! It also comes with a lid, which you don’t need for this recipe, but is especially handy for baking bread. It’s a cheaper alternative to an expensive dutch oven which is often used for baking bread such as this No-Knead Bread!
Assemble: As soon as the cherry tomatoes are soft, you need to take them out of the oven and add the spaghetti into the baking dish. Toss it until the spaghetti have absorbed all the remaining juice. Only now are they ready to serve!
Serve: You can serve your roasted cherry tomato pasta with fresh basil and vegan parmesan cheese.
How long does it stay fresh? If you store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it stays fresh for 3 days.
How do I reheat leftovers? The easiest way is to cook them with some oil for about 5 minutes in a large skillet. Or of course, reheat in a microwave if you have one.
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love:
Did you try this recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 390°F/200°C.
- Add all ingredients into a baking dish and toss until combined.
- Bake it for 20 minutes. Toss it every 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Take the roasted cherry tomatoes out of the oven, add the spaghetti, and stir for one minute until the spaghetti has soaked up the leftover juice.
- Serve it with vegan parmesan and fresh basil.
- Use your favorite kind of pasta to make this recipe.
- How long does it stay fresh? If you store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it stays fresh for 3 days.
- How do I reheat leftovers? The easiest way is to cook them with some oil for about 5 minutes in a large skillet. Or of course, reheat in a microwave if you have one.