*This post may contain affiliate links.
Indulge in the simple joys of oven roasted vegetables with feta cheese! Perfect for busy weeknights or impressing guests, this versatile and healthy dish is a feast for the senses. Learn how to perfect this sheet pan vegetable recipe!
I absolutely adore this oven roasted vegetables with feta recipe! It’s super easy to prepare, tastes amazing, and is healthy too. Trust me, this isn’t just another side dish; it’s a show-stealer that will have you (and any lucky guests) swooning over your baking sheet!
The oven works its magic to caramelize the veggies, bringing out their natural sweetness, while the feta adds a creamy tang that’ll make your taste buds dance. It’s a match made in culinary heaven!
But it’s not just the taste – this dish is a nutritional powerhouse! Veggies are chock-full of vitamins and fiber, and feta brings some protein to the party. Plus, it’s incredibly adaptable; whether you’re a die-hard veggie enthusiast or just trying to sneak more greens into your diet, this dish has got you covered.
It’s perfect for busy weekdays, but also impressive enough for guests. You can serve this sheet pan veggies as an elegant side dish or make it a family meal with some added protein (tofu), grains (quinoa, rice, or couscous), and a fresh salad. So grab your favorite veggies, a block of feta cheese, and let’s get started!
See recipe card for quantities.
Feel free to swap in vegetables based on what you’re craving, the season, or what’s in your fridge. It tastes incredible with:
- Baby Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Brussels Sprouts
Visual Step-by-Step Instructions
This visual step-by-step instruction will help you along the way – definitely recommended if you’re a cooking beginner!
PREPARE THE VEGGIES: Thoroughly wash your vegetables. Cut sweet potatoes and bell peppers into bite-sized pieces. Slice carrots and zucchini, cut onions into eighths, halve the cherry tomatoes. Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, season with thyme leaves, salt, and pepper. Mix everything by hand briefly. → If you’re using a non-stick baking tray, you don’t need parchment paper. Alternatively, you can roast the veggies in a casserole dish.
BAKE: Roast in a preheated oven at 390°F for 20 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven, scatter cherry tomatoes and feta over the top, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Try these tweaks to give the dish your own spin!
- Nuts – sprinkle the roasted veggies with some toasted and chopped almonds or pecans.
- Garlic – if you’re a garlic lover, add two crushed garlic cloves to roast along.
- Extra Flavor – toss in Kalamata olives or sun-dried tomatoes for an additional flavor punch.
- Spices – season the veggies to your liking. Tastes great with ground paprika, nutmeg, coriander, or cumin.
- Spicy – red pepper flakes will add some heat.
- Protein – toss in tofu cubes for an extra protein boost.
- Vegan – Sprinkle some vegan tofu feta over the veggies before serving. I wouldn’t recommend baking the vegan feta alternative as it doesn’t melt the same way traditional feta does.
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for 2-3 days.
Reheat in a 390°F preheated oven for 15 minutes, or enjoy cold as a salad topping.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Oven Roasted Vegetables with Feta
Click on the stars to leave a vote!
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 1 zucchini in ½-inch slices
- 2 carrots in ½-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper cubed
- 2 red onions in wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon only juice
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup (150 g) crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, then sprinkle with thyme, pepper, and salt. Mix by hand.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, scatter the cherry tomatoes and feta over the top, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!