Vegan Queso is the ultimate creamy and delicious vegan cheese sauce for nachos and much, much more! This vegan cashew queso dip is quick and easy to make, and is perfect for any party!
Nachos & Movies
From snacking at home in front of the TV, to a savory indulgence at the cinema…tortilla chips & queso + watching the big screen are just some things that are meant to be together.
Not only does this popular movie snack taste so much better homemade, it can be made healthier and vegan too!
Vegan Nacho Cheese
This cheese dip is the perfect plant-based party pleaser when served with tortilla chips.
Chip & dip stations are great for crowds! Serve the chips along with this vegan queso dip, red and green salsas, as well as toppings like black beans, jalapeños, fresh tomatoes, cilantro – the sky is the limit! You can keep the queso warm in a slow cooker set on the “warm’ setting (just add a little water if it gets too thick), but it also tastes great cold!
This vegan cashew queso is already packed with flavor so stick to plain tortilla chips.
Can I use this Vegan Queso Dip For Other Recipes?
Yes, Absolutely! Vegan Cashew Queso can be used in so many ways!
Here are a few ideas:
How To Make “Cheese” Sauce Vegan?
First of all, you’ll need to soak the cashews in boiling water for at least 15 minutes. Sometimes, in recipes using cashews, you can skip this step, but I highly recommended it here so that the sauce becomes super smooth and creamy. Soaking raw cashew nuts also makes it easier to blend if you don’t have a high-speed blender, but rather a more affordable model.
Then you’ll add the nutritional yeast flakes and a few spices to give it a cheesy taste, and blend it all together. Then hey presto, you have queso!
If you have tried this recipe and can’t get enough of this cheese sauce, you should definitely try this Baked Vegan Mac and Cheese.
How To Make This Vegan Queso Recipe
→ Check out the recipe video! You can see how to make this vegan queso dip in less than a minute!
The exact quantities and everything else you need to know for the recipe can be found in the recipe card below.
- Pour boiling water over cashew nuts and soak for 15 minutes. Then drain well.
- Put all ingredients in a blender (or food processor) and blend until you have a creamy cheese sauce.
- Garnish the vegan cheese sauce with pickled jalapeños and cilantro, and serve with tortilla chips. I also like to top it with diced tomatoes and green chiles.
Can I serve this cheese sauce warm? Absolutely, just like in the movies. =) It tastes very good served cold or warm.
How do I heat it up? In the microwave or in a small pot. The sauce thickens very quickly when heated, so just add some water until it reaches the desired consistency. This cheese sauce should be slightly thick and not too watery.
How long does the cheese dip last for? It can be stored in an airtight glass container for a good 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
More Vegan Recipes You Will Love:
- Baked Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Homemade Guacamole
- Homemade Hummus
- Vegan Tacos Al Pastor
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Vegan QuesoLeave a Review Print Pin
- Soak the cashew nuts for 15 minutes in boiling water and drain afterward.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Serving Suggestions: Garnish the vegan queso with pickled jalapeños and cilantro to serve with nachos or use it for any other recipe.
- Serve Warm: Heat the vegan queso in a microwave or in a small saucepan (add some water if it gets too thick) if you prefer to serve it warm.
- Keeps Fresh: For 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
- Goes Well: With nachos, burritos, tacos, sandwiches.