*This post may contain affiliate links.
Caprese pasta salad with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil is the perfect summer salad! It’s fresh, delicious, easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser!
Do you love both Caprese salad AND pasta salad? Then this combination will blow your mind! It’s the ultimate combination of both and undeniably delicious.
Cooked pasta tossed with cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella balls (or mozzarella of choice), fresh basil, and a zingy Italian balsamic dressing: 100% tasty!
Caprese pasta salad dressing is a light dressing with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper.
Feel free to vary the recipe to your taste. You can add toasted pine nuts, rocket, green onions, shallots, or sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. Garlic fans can add some minced garlic into the dressing. I like to drizzle the finished Caprese pasta salad with balsamic glaze.
Trust me when I tell you that people are going to love this tomato mozzarella pasta salad. You can serve it as a side dish with grilled food or as a light stand-alone summer meal.
Furthermore, this crowd-pleaser can easily be prepared one day in advance without getting mushy. Store it in your fridge, and it will taste as good as freshly prepared. Perfect for bringing along to any summer party! Plus, it’s such an easy recipe with minimal time in the kitchen.
Are you looking for a healthy-ish pasta salad? Swap regular pasta with wholegrain, spelt, lentil, or chickpea pasta.
Recipe FAQ & Tips
Making this Caprese pasta salad is undeniable easy! → Anyways, make sure to check out the recipe video to see how easy it is! 😉 Tossing a few ingredients in a large salad bowl – that’s it!
How long does it stay fresh? Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free pasta or lentil-/chickpea pasta!
Low FODMAP: This recipe (1 portion a day) is suitable for a low FODMAP diet IF you swap pasta with gluten-free pasta.
Mozzarella cheese: You can opt-in for fresh mini mozzarella balls or fresh mozzarella cheese cut into bite-sized pieces.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Vegan Italian Pasta Salad
- Vegan Greek Pasta Salad
- Vegan Maccaroni Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can create more of them.
Please follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook or sign up for my free newsletter to never miss the newest recipes. I would be thrilled to welcome you to my community & thank you so much for your support! 💕
Caprese Pasta Salad
Click on the stars to leave a vote!
- 7 oz (200 g) Orecchiette or pasta of choice
- 9 oz (250 g) cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 oz (150 g) mini mozzarella balls or fresh mozzarella in bite-sized pieces
- ½ bunch fresh basil chopped
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions in boiling salt water until al dente. Drain, toss with some olive oil if desired, and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Combine everything in a large serving bowl and toss until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper! Optional: Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Make-Ahead: This salad can be made up to one day in advance. Store it in the refrigerator until 30 minutes before serving.
- Keeps fresh for 3 days. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Low FODMAP: This recipe (1 portion a day) is suitable for a low FODMAP diet IF you swap pasta with gluten-free pasta.