A delicious creamy pumpkin ginger soup recipe. This vegan pumpkin soup makes a perfect comfort dish for cold days. Let me show you how to make this pumpkin soup and top it with vegan cream and pumpkin seeds for a
Why Should You Make This Pumpkin Soup Recipe?
This recipe for a homemade vegan pumpkin soup is simple to make and can
Which Pumpkin Should You Use?
This recipe works great with every winter squash. My absolute favorite for this vegan pumpkin soup is the Red Kuri (Hokkaido) Squash, which you can eat it with the skin and therefore needs minimal preparation time. Check out this pumpkin guide for more detailed information about the winter squash varieties.
How To Make Pumpkin S
- Chop all vegetables and cook them first in olive oil and pumpkin seeds oil. Pumpkin seeds oil gives your soup a rich pumpkin flavor.
- Add vegetable broth and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend your soup and season it with salt and pepper if needed.
- Top your soup with pumpkin seeds and vegan cream.
- You can store this pumpkin ginger soup for a few days in your fridge or freeze it up to a few months.
More Pumpkin and Soup Recipes
Sharing is Caring
Do you like my recipe? I
Pumpkin Ginger Soup
A homemade vegan pumpkin soup with ginger. Top it with vegan cream and pumpkin seeds for a perfect hot comfort soup on cold days.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 30 g ginger minced
- 400 g pumpkin (weight without seeds) chopped
- 1 carrot (~100g) chopped
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seed oil
- 500 mL vegetable broth
Peel and mince the onion, garlic, and ginger. Scrape out the seeds using a spoon and cut the pumpkin in chunks. Peel and chop the carrot.
Heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the minced onion, garlic, and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chopped pumpkin, carrot, and pumpkin seed oil and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid closed. Stir occasionally.
Blend the soup in your mixer until creamy. Season with salt and pepper if desired. You can top your soup with vegan cream and pumpkin seeds.
- The best pumpkins for this recipe are Red Kuri (Hokkaido) Squash and Butternut Squash.
- The serving is for two people as a main dish or for four people as a starter.
- Using pumpkin seed oil gives this soup a rich pumpkin flavor.
- Add more liquid to the blender if the soup is to thick for your taste.