*This post may contain affiliate links.
This pumpkin seed oil salad dressing is the perfect aromatic dressing for any fall salad! Pumpkin seed oil adds a lovely, nutty flavor!
Maybe you can not get enough of the pumpkin season, or wonder what you can do with a bottle of pumpkin seed oil at home? Then you’re in the right place! I show you a flavorful fall salad dressing variation with pumpkin seed oil.
This pumpkin seed oil dressing is very aromatic, nutty, has a dark color, and fits perfectly into fall. Especially when you have guests over and want to serve up something special, I recommend serving your lettuce salad with this dressing.
Pumpkin seed oil is very healthy, contains many important vitamins, minerals, and healthy fatty acids. It also stimulates the metabolism and is a natural cholesterol reducer.
I also always like to add a splash of pumpkin seed oil to my pumpkin soup, this gives the soup a more intense and nutty flavor!
Why not try this dressing with pumpkin seed oil next? It’s super quick to prepare and can be stored in the fridge for a whole week. You can serve it with any lettuce salad.
See recipe card for quantities.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil → Use a high-quality oil for the best flavor.
- Balsamic Vinegar → White balsamic vinegar or any other mild vinegar works too.
- Mustard → I recommend Dijon mustard.
- Maple Syrup → If you don’t have maple syrup at hand, you can also use sugar or honey.
- Salt & Black Pepper → To taste.
Optional: Since pumpkin seed oil is rather thick, you can use some water or vegetable broth to dilute the dressing.
- Spicy – use spicy mustard!
- Herbs – add dried or fresh chopped herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or sage.
- Garlic – add one clove of minced garlic!
- Replace some of the pumpkin seed oil with extra virgin olive oil, so it becomes a little milder in taste!
Store the dressing in a mason jar in the fridge. It will stay fresh for at least one week.
Pumpkin Seed Oil Salad Dressing
Click on the stars to leave a vote!
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl or shake them with the lid on in a mason jar.
- Drizzle over a salad of your choice! → I love to serve it with green lettuce, chopped apple or pear, and toasted nuts!