A creamy white French Dressing which can be enjoyed with every kind of salad. With this recipe, you never want to buy French dressing in the supermarket again – a homemade one is so much better!
There is nothing better than always having a bottle of homemade white french dressing in your fridge.
You can enjoy this creamy salad dressing with every salad, I love it especially with a green salad or a homemade pasta salad. It’s this kind of dressing you dip your bread in it.
Why Homemade French Dressing?
First of all, white french salad dressing is the best if you make it yourself. Second, you can make it with fresh ingredients.
White French dressing is made with egg yolk. In order to keep it fresh, the storebought versions always contain preservatives, sometimes thickener, and few of them too much sugar. Check the label when you are next time in the supermarket.
Not every white dressing is made with fresh eggs, some recipes also call for mayonnaise (which in the end contains eggs too). But in my opinion, using fresh and unprocessed ingredients is the best way to make a creamy French dressing recipe.
If you are looking for a way to make this Swiss French Dressing recipe without eggs, you can make it according to this Vegan French Dressing recipe! It’s almost identical but uses soy milk and apple cider vinegar instead of eggs.
White French Dressing Ingredients
- Garlic, o
nion, mustard, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Apple cider vinegar for
- Egg yolk to make it thick and white.
- 2 kinds of oil for a creamy french dressing.
How To Make This White French Dressing Recipe
- Cook garlic and onion in vegetable broth to make them soft.
- Blend egg yolk, seasoning, and the veggies until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and oil and blend until you have a thick white French dressing. The color changes from light yellow to white when it’s ready.
Homemade French Dressing Variations
- Swap the apple cider vinegar with white or red vinegar.
- Swap the olive oil with avocado oil.
- Swap the sunflower oil with canola oil or
- Add fresh or dried herbs.
- Add poppy seeds.
- Add spices like paprika powder, curry powder or chipotle.
- Looking for a vegan version? Check out this vegan salad dressing recipe!
More Salad Dressing Recipes You’ll Love:
- Vegan French Dressing
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Kale Salad Dressing
- Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Asian Peanut Dressing
- Asian Papaya Salad Dressing (with lots of garlic)
Did you try this recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
White French Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/3 cup + 1tbsp (100ml) vegetable broth
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1tbsp (100ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (200ml) sunflower oil, or canola oil
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Peel and mince the garlic and onion. Cook it with the vegetable broth in a small pot for 10 minutes. The veggies should be soft and the liquid reduced to about the half. Pour it into a bowl and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Blend it with the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, and sugar in an electric mixer/food processor until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and oil and blend it until the color has changed from light yellow to white. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Store your white French dressing for up to one week in your fridge.
- Add fresh herbs to your French dressing.
- You can use this dressing for all kind of green salads, pasta salad, rice salad. Whatever salad you like the most!