Read in: Deutsch
A creamy white French Dressing which can be enjoyed with every kind of salad. With this recipe, you never want to buy French dressing in the supermarket again – a homemade one is so much better!
There is nothing better than always having a bottle of homemade white french dressing in your fridge. You can enjoy this creamy salad dressing with every salad, I love it especially with a green salad or a homemade pasta salad. It’s this kind of dressing you dip your bread in it.
Why Homemade French Dressing?
First of all, the taste is the best if you make it yourself. Second, you can make it with fresh ingredients. White French dressing is made with egg yolk. In order to keep it fresh, the storebought versions always contain preservatives, sometimes thickener, and few of them too much sugar. Check the label when you are next time in the supermarket.
White French Dressing Ingredients
- Garlic, o
nion, mustard, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Apple cider vinegar for
- Egg yolk to make it thick and white.
- 2 kinds of oil for a creamy french dressing.
How To Make This White French Dressing Recipe
- Cook garlic and onion in vegetable broth to make them soft.
- Blend egg yolk, seasoning, and the veggies until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and oil and blend until you have a thick white French dressing. The color changes from light yellow to white when it’s ready.
Watch How To Make The Best White French Dressing Recipe (1 Min):
Homemade French Dressing Variations
- Swap the apple cider vinegar with white or red vinegar.
- Swap the olive oil with avocado oil.
- Swap the sunflower oil with canola oil or
- Add fresh or dried herbs.
- Add poppy seeds.
- Add spices like paprika powder, curry powder or chipotle.
Sharing is Caring
Do you like my recipe? I would love if you leave me a rating or comment. This way I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them ? Also, tag me on Instagram @aline_made or #alinemade – I will future all of your delicious food pictures on my account when you made my recipe!
White French Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/3 cup + 1tbsp (100ml) vegetable broth
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1tbsp (100ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (200ml) sunflower oil, or canola oil
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Peel and mince the garlic and onion. Cook it with the vegetable broth in a small pot for 10 minutes. The veggies should be soft and the liquid reduced to about the half. Pour it into a bowl and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Blend it with the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, and sugar in an electric mixer/food processor until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and oil and blend it until the color has changed from light yellow to white. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Store your white French dressing for up to one week in your fridge.
- Add fresh herbs to your French dressing.
- You can use this dressing for all kind of green salads, pasta salad, rice salad. Whatever salad you like the most!