*This post may contain affiliate links.
Master the art of whole roasted cauliflower with our easy-to-follow recipe. Discover tips for a golden, flavorful centerpiece that’s both healthy and delicious. Perfect as a vegetarian main or a side dish.
Whole roasted cauliflower is a healthy, hearty veggie dish that’s sure to impress. Give this recipe a try, and you might find it becoming a beloved staple in your kitchen. Roasting in the oven tenderizes the cauliflower and adds a light caramelization. And then, there’s the spicy marinade that elevates its taste to new heights.
Loaded with nutrients, cauliflower packs in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants without piling on the calories. It’s super healthy, low in calories, and versatile.
I’m totally smitten with this delicious whole roasted cauliflower recipe, and I bet you will be too! It’s a breeze to whip up and is perfect as a show-stopping main or a tasty side dish. Drizzle it with a tahini sauce, or serve it with a side of quinoa for a protein-packed meal. It’s keto-friendly and can easily be made vegan by choosing plant-based toppings.
Hint: Roasted whole cauliflower makes a stunning centerpiece for a Thanksgiving or Christmas feast. Its crisp, golden exterior and tender inside can be a delicious vegetarian alternative to traditional meat dishes. Plus, you can dress it up with festive herbs like rosemary or thyme and a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds for a pop of Christmas color. It’s not only a feast for the taste buds, but also for the eyes, making it a hit at your holiday table!
See recipe card for quantities.
Visual Step-by-Step Instructions
This visual step-by-step instruction will help you along the way – definitely recommended if you’re a cooking beginner!
BLANCH THE CAULIFLOWER: Wash the cauliflower and remove any green leaves. Gently trim the stalk at the bottom, keeping the core intact so that the head stays whole for roasting. Cook the cauliflower in a large pot of boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Remove and let steam off for 5 minutes.
MARINATE: Mix olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or in a casserole). Brush the mixture evenly over the whole head of cauliflower.
BAKE: Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
SERVE: If desired, sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over the top or drizzle with tahini sauce!
Try these tweaks to give the roasted whole cauliflower your own spin!
- Cheese Topping: For a creamy twist, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese, Cheddar, or Feta over the cauliflower before roasting. The cheese melts and forms a delicious crust.
- Curry Flavor: Use curry powder and ground cumin to give the cauliflower an exotic taste. Serve it with yogurt sauce and naan bread for an Indian flair.
- Herb Butter: Brush the cauliflower head with herb butter before roasting.
- Tahini Sauce: Serve the whole roasted cauliflower head with this tahini sauce for a creamy and slightly nutty flavor.
- Middle Eastern: To give the cauliflower a Middle Eastern flair, garnish it with tahini yogurt, pomegranate seeds, and fresh mint.
- Asian: Brush the cauliflower with a miso glaze. You can mix some miso paste with soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- Hummus: Serve the cauliflower on a bed of homemade hummus!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Stays fresh for 2-3 days.
If you want to reheat the leftovers, you can warm them in a preheated oven at 390°F (200°C) for 15 minutes. Alternatively, enjoy them cold as a salad addition, in a bowl, or with hummus.
More Cauliflower Recipes
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Click on the stars to leave a vote!
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Wash the cauliflower and remove any green leaves. Gently trim the stalk at the bottom, keeping the core intact so that the head stays whole for roasting.
- Cook the cauliflower in a large pot of boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Remove and let steam off for 5 minutes. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or in a casserole).
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Brush the mixture evenly over the cauliflower head.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over the top or drizzle with tahini sauce! → Find more serving ideas in the blog post!