Read in: Deutsch
A super easy recipe for the best homemade hummus. You can make it in 5 minutes and use this tasty hummus with bread or serve it with vegetable sticks.
The smooth consistency and delightful taste of chickpeas and spices
Best & Easy Hummus Recipe
Homemade hummus is vegan, very easy to make, and needs only a handful of ingredients. But you need to make it in a food processor for a smooth consistency. If you don’t have one, you can alternatively make it with an immersion blender. In this case, you might need to add water to the recipe.
- Cooked or canned chickpeas: the main ingredient of homemade hummus.
Aquafaba, the drained water of chickpeas: Use this instead of water to make your hummus extra fluffy.
- Tahini: sesame paste gives your hummus an unique taste.
- Lemon juice: the sour element which is needed for a balanced flavor.
- Spices such as garlic, cumin, salt, and onion powder.
How To Make Hummus
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Mix until very smooth. Add more water or more
aquafabafor an even smoother hummus.
- You can store it in your fridge up to a few days.
What To Eat With Hummus?
- 1 can (250g) chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup (60g) tahini
- 1/4 cup (60ml) aquafaba, see notes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, only juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder, optional
- Blend all ingredients in your food processor until you have a smooth hummus. Add more aquafaba or water if you want to have an even smoother hummus.
- Optional: Top it with olive oil, ground paprika, ground cumin, and fresh parsley.
- Aquafaba is the water in which the chickpeas are stored and makes your hummus extra fluffy. It can also be used as a vegan substitute for egg white.