*This post may contain affiliate links.
One of the best and only creamy vegan salad dressing recipe you have to know. It’s basically a plant-based version of the famous white French dressing.
This creamy white vegan salad dressing recipe is a plant-based adaption of my popular white French dressing recipe. The original recipe is made with egg yolk, which makes salad dressing white and creamy.
But it’s fairly simple to substitute the egg yolk with soy milk and achieve the same creaminess and thickness desired in a salad dressing.
It’s astonishing how swapping out one ingredient can turn a popular classic recipe into a dairy-free alternative! By the way, this same technique work for making a delicious vegan homemade mayonnaise!
But, you must use soy milk! This effect doesn’t work with any other plant-based milk alternative!
A Vegan Dressing Recipe You Need in Your Collection
It’s a must to have at least one vegan salad dressing recipe in your recipe collection which you can use at any time and with any salad. This homemade dressing is white, creamy, thick, and full of taste.
The great thing is that you can make it once and it keeps fresh for an entire week in your fridge. Which means you can prepare it ahead at the weekend and enjoy salads throughout the whole week. Isn’t that amazing?
A perfect salad dressing recipe to make ahead for your summer BBQ party with friends and family!
How To Make Vegan Salad Dressing
→ Check out the recipe video! You can see how to make this plant-based salad dressing less than a minute!
The exact quantities and everything else you need to know for the recipe can be found in the recipe card below.
- Cook one onion and garlic clove in vegetable broth. This is the base for a flavorful dressing.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and add with the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper in a food processor or a tall cup or beaker of your immersion blender, until you have a creamy vegan dressing.
- Blend well until you have a creamy and white (!!!) salad dressing. This can take a few minutes depending on the power of your kitchen gadgets.
- Pour it into a glass bottle and store it in your fridge for up to one week.
- Swap the apple cider vinegar with white or red vinegar.
- Substitute parts of the apple cider vinegar with fresh lemon juice.
- Swap the olive oil with avocado oil.
- Swap the sunflower oil with canola oil or rapseed oil.
- Add fresh or dried herbs.
- Add poppy seeds.
- Add spices like paprika powder, curry powder or chipotle.
- Looking for the traditional version with eggs? Check out this Classic White French Dressing Recipe!
More Vegan Salad Dressing Recipes You’ll Love:
- Italian Salad Dressing (Balsamic Vinaigrette)
- Simple Green Salad Dressing
- Kale Salad Dressing
- Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Asian Peanut Dressing
- Asian Papaya Salad Dressing (with lots of garlic)
Did you try this recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Creamy Vegan Salad Dressing
Click on the stars to leave a vote!
- Cook the minced garlic, onion, and vegetable broth in a small pot for 10 minutes. Transfer into a bowl and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredient into your food processor (or immersion blender) and blend until you have a smooth and creamy dressing.
- Season with more salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Add some water if you prefer the dressing a little thinner, but be aware that this vegan salad dressing thickens a little in the refrigerator.
- You can store the dressing for up to one week in your fridge.
- This dressing goes well with all kind of salads (green, pasta, rice, veggies).
- Using soy milk is essential for this recipe and can’t be substituted with any other plant-based milk.