One of the best and only creamy vegan salad dressing recipe you have to know. It’s basically a plant-based version of the famous white French dressing.
This creamy white vegan salad dressing recipe is a plant-based adaption of my popular white French dressing recipe. The original recipe is made with egg yolk, which makes salad dressing white and creamy. But it’s fairly simple to substitute the egg yolk with soy milk and achieve the same creaminess and thickness desired in a salad dressing.
A Vegan Dressing Recipe You Need in Your Collection
It’s a must to have at least one vegan salad dressing recipe in your recipe collection which you can use at any time and with any salad. The dressing is white, creamy, thick, and full of taste.
I love to use it with a simple macaroni salad or green salad. But this vegan salad dressing goes well with every kind of salad. The great thing is that you can make it once and it keeps fresh for an entire week in your fridge. Which means you can prepare it ahead at the weekend and enjoy salads throughout the whole week. Isn’t that amazing?
How To Make Vegan Salad Dressing
- Cook one onion and garlic clove in vegetable broth. This is the base for a flavorful dressing.
- Once cooked and cooled down, mix it with oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper in your food processor or immersion blender, until you have a creamy vegan dressing.
- Pour it into a glass bottle and store it in your fridge for up to one week.
- Use your favorite oil to make the dressing.
- Substitute the apple cider vinegar with red wine vinegar, white balsamic vinegar, or a vinegar of your choice.
- Add fresh herbs.
- Pimp it up with poppy seeds, chipotle, or any of your favorite spices.
Creamy Vegan Salad Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup (100ml) sunflower oil, or canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup (30ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Cook the minced garlic, onion, and vegetable broth in a small pot for 10 minutes. Transfer into a bowl and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredient into your food processor (or immersion blender) and blend until you have a smooth and creamy dressing.
- Season with more salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Add some water if you prefer the dressing a little thinner.
- You can store the dressing for up to one week in your fridge.
- This dressing goes well with all kind of salads (green, pasta, rice, veggies).