Healthy strawberry banana smoothie recipe with 4 ingredients! Delicious, fresh, healthy, and quickly made – one of the best summer smoothies for all strawberry fans!
Summer and strawberries simply belong together! So do healthy food and smoothies! This vegan strawberry and banana smoothie is ready in just 5 minutes, and you only need 4 ingredients to make it: Strawberries, banana, dairy-free milk, and a pinch of vanilla!
It tastes like a dash of summer in a glass, and the beautiful pinkish color makes this smoothie even more enjoyable!
Healthy & Quick Breakfast
I love to start my day with this smoothie. It has everything you are looking for in a healthy breakfast and gives your body enough vitamins and fructose for a successful morning.
Strawberries contain many essential vitamins, and the banana provides fiber and healthy carbohydrates, which your brain needs to think logically and to work focused!
Smoothies are also great for in between meals, after exercise, or as a healthy dessert! One fruit smoothie a day should be enough because even if it is only made of fruit, it still contains a considerable amount of fruit sugar. If you must drink a second one, go for a green smoothie.
Use Frozen Strawberries
How to make the best strawberry banana smoothie? Use frozen strawberries! For real!
Using frozen strawberries has many advantages:
- You don’t need additional ice, which would only dilute the smoothie.
- You can enjoy this smoothie all year round, no need to wait for strawberry season.
- The color of the berries is better preserved. → And we all know that girls love pink! 😉
- Frozen strawberries have more taste!!!
Frozen strawberries often have more taste than fresh ones, unless you have the chance to pick them directly from the strawberry field or your garden. It sounds odd, but it’s true
Don’t forget to add a few ice cubes to the blender if you use fresh strawberries for a cold smoothie.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Read through this visual step-by-step guide with lots of extra tips! The exact quantities and everything else you need to know for the recipe can be found in the recipe card below.
- Peel the banana, cut in half, and place it with fresh or frozen strawberries in a blender.
- Add dairy-free milk and vanilla extract.→ Or use dairy-free milk with vanilla flavor.
- Blend until smooth.
Which milk should I use? I always make mine with unsweetened oak milk, but it does taste excellent with every dairy-free milk. Use soy, cashew, or almond milk.
Do you like it creamy & thick? Add dairy-free yogurt or prepare the smoothie with only 1/2 cup of milk to make it even thicker.
Do you like it sweet? Ripe strawberries should be sweet enough. But if you have the urge to sweeten it, use maple syrup, agave syrup, or dates.
Extra toppings? Add flaxseeds, oats, protein powder, peanut butter, or nuts to the blender.
Aline’s Tip: I sometimes use a frozen banana to make this classic strawberry banana smoothie recipe. Peel, cut, and place leftover bananas in a freezer bag and freeze up to 3 months. They are also excellent to use for this strawberry banana smoothie bowl.
More Recipes You’ll Love:
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Strawberry Banana SmoothieLeave a Review Print Pin
- Place all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strawberries: I recommend using frozen strawberries to make this smoothie. If you use fresh ones, add ice cubes to keep it cold.
- Do you like it creamy & thick? Add dairy-free yogurt or prepare the smoothie with only 1/2 cup of milk to make it even thicker.
- Do you like it sweet? Ripe strawberries should be sweet enough. But if you have the urge to sweeten it, use maple syrup, agave syrup, or dates.
- Extra toppings? Add flaxseeds, oats, protein powder, peanut butter, or nuts to the blender.
- Vanilla: Use dairy-free milk with vanilla flavor instead of vanilla extract.