Read in: Deutsch
A creamy vegan summer pasta salad with avocado, strawberries, toasted almonds, and dairy-free yogurt dressing! Fresh, delicious, and easy to prepare!
How about a cold pasta salad with strawberries? The sweet berries are perfect to upgrade any pasta salad during summer and, therefore, a welcome change to classic pasta salads. Strawberries give pasta salad a wonderful sweet freshness and make for a beautiful splash of color. In addition, strawberries contain a lot of vitamin C.
What more? Add in avocado, scallion, and toasted almonds—such a delicious summer combination. I love the freshness and taste of this delicious summer salad.
Serve this creamy vegan pasta salad as a side dish with grilled food, as an appetizer, or as a stand-alone summer meal. One is sure: it’s a real crowd-pleaser! Plus, you can easily double the recipe if you are awaiting many guests. More, it’s such an easy recipe with minimal time in the kitchen that can even be prepared up to one day in advance.
I love to prepare this vegan cold pasta salad with Fusilli Bucati Corti. However, the recipe will work with any pasta of your choice.
Creamy Vegan BLT Salad Dressing
One of the best things about this salad is the vegan BLT salad dressing. It’s creamy, rich in flavor, and goes so well with strawberries and avocado. Made with vegan mayo, dairy-free yogurt, and lime juice. If you like, add one clove of minced garlic for an exceptional taste.
This creamy salad dressing really isn’t tied to this pasta salad; feel free to use it with lettuce or any salad of your choice.
Vegetarian? Feel free to use regular mayo and yogurt.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe FAQ & Tips
Can I prepare this salad in advance? Sure! Prepare the recipe up to one day ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before serving. If you like to preserve the beautiful green color of the avocado, toss it with a few splashes of lime juice before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.
How long does it stay fresh? Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free pasta or lentil-/chickpea pasta!
Mayo: Make your own vegan mayo with this easy Homemade Vegan Mayo Recipe!
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Vegan Italian Pasta Salad
- Vegan Greek Pasta Salad
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can create more of them.
Please follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook or sign up for my free newsletter to never miss the newest recipes. I would be thrilled to welcome you to my community & thank you so much for your support! 💕
Strawberry Avocado Pasta Salad
- 7 oz (200 g) pasta
- 1 ⅓ cup (200 g) strawberries sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- ¼ cup (40 g) almonds chopped & toasted
- 1 scallion sliced
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions in boiling salt water until al dente. Drain, toss with some olive oil if desired, and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Combine everything in a large serving bowl and toss until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper!
- Make your own vegan mayo with this easy Homemade Vegan Mayo Recipe!
- Make-Ahead: This salad can be made up to one day in advance. Store it in the refrigerator until 30 minutes before serving.
- Keeps fresh for 3 days. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.