This banana bread with chocolate filling is in the middle filled with chocolate spread and topped with a banana for a beautiful look. I used the new chocolate spread from Caotina, which keeps its consistency also when getting cooked. A lot of chocolate spreads do get hard when you put them in the oven, like chocolate itself. And in my personal opinion a banana bread with a liquid chocolate filling, which is still liquid after three days…, is way much better than if the chocolate gets hard inside. As it is a new product, I am not sure if you can find it all over the world. But do a little research and maybe there is chocolate spread in your country which keeps its consistency. I hope so for you!
So, are you ready for this mindblowing banana bread recipe with a liquid chocolate filling?
I suggest you spread your banana on top with date syrup or honey, this way the banana doesn’t turn black and has a shiny beautiful look when coming out of the oven.
Banana Bread with Chocolate Filling
- 120 g butter, room temperature
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas, ripe
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 260 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 150 g chocolate spread
- 1 tbsp date syrup or honey
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F (conventional).
- Beat the butter and sugar for one minute in your kitchen machine.
- Add the eggs and beat for another minute until well combined.
- Mash 3 bananas in a bowl with a fork. Add it with the vanilla extract to the mixture and beat until well combined.
- Add the all-purpose flour and baking powder and just mix until combined.
- Line a 25cm loaf tin with baking paper. Pour half of the batter into the loaf tin.
- Try to spread the chocolate spread as evenly as possible on the batter. But don't mix it.
- Pour the other half on top.
- Cut the last banana in half and place it on top of the cake. Spread it with date syrup.
- Bake your banana bread for 70 minutes in the middle of the preheated oven.
- Let the banana bread cool down for 10 minutes on a cooling rack before you take it out of the tin.