A creamy and super fluffy vegan chocolate mousse made with the magic ingredient aquafaba. This vegan mousse is perfect if you want to enjoy your chocolate dessert dairy-free or are uncomfortable with the fact of using raw eggs in your chocolate mousse.
What Is Aquafaba?
If you don’t know aquafaba, it is the water from drained chickpeas. The easiest way to make it is to buy a can of chickpeas. You can drain them over a large bowl with a sieve and use the drained water right away for this vegan chocolate mousse. Make a hummus or falafel with the chickpeas, don’t throw them away.
How To Make Aquafaba Mousse?
It works the same way as beating egg whites until stiff. Whisk the aquafaba for a few minutes using an electric mixer until stiff white peaks are formed.
Adding some lemon juice will help with this process. And make sure all your tools are soap free. I didn’t have any problems when making this vegan chocolate mousse with aquafaba, but I did hear from several sources that soap rests on your tools can prevent it from getting stiff.
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Mousse?
Once you have made your aquafaba mousse, you need to mix it carefully with melted chocolate, coconut oil, and powdered sugar. It’s important to refrigerate this vegan mousse a few hours before serving. This will allow the chocolate mousse to get extra fluffy.
More Vegan Chocolate Mousse Recipes
Sharing is Caring
Do you like my recipe? I would love if you leave me a rating or comment. This way I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Aquafaba
- 160 ml (0.7 cups) aquafaba
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) lemon juice
- 120 g (0.7 cups) dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) coconut oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) powdered sugar
- Add the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a little bowl and melt it in the microwave or over a water bath. Set aside to cool down.
- Mix the aquafaba and lemon juice using an electric mixer until stiff peaks have formed. It took me 3 minutes at full power with my Kenwood.
- When the chocolate mixture has cooled down, pour it slowly to the aquafaba while mixing gently with a spatula.
- Add two tablespoon of powdered sugar and stir until everything is well combined.
- Divide your chocolate mousse into two dessert bowls and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight until you can serve it.