*This post may contain affiliate links.
The easiest and quickest vegan one pot pasta recipe ever! Add all ingredients into one pot, close the lid, let it cook for 12 minutes, and ready is your vegan pasta.
One Pot Pasta is one of the best inventions ever! If you are such a pasta lover like I am, you are going to love this simple vegan pasta recipe. All you need to do is to place all ingredients in a pot and let it simmer for about 12 minutes until your spaghetti is al dente.
Quick Vegan Pasta Dish
For most pasta recipes you have to cook the pasta in one pot of boiling water, and the sauce in an extra skillet. That’s great and makes an outstanding pasta. But sometimes we are just short in time and want to enjoy a decent homecooked meal with little effort, right?
Therefore this vegan pasta recipe is the perfect one for you. You don’t need to make sure that the pasta and sauce are ready at the same time because you cook it together. Plus, there is only one pot to clean.
The pasta needs a little longer to cook because there is only as much water as the pasta can soak up (no draining required). I usually use spaghetti with a regular cooking time of 9 minutes, which need approx. 12 minutes with this recipe.
How to make One Pot Pasta with Tomato and Basil
- Add spaghetti, tomato, tomato paste, vegetable broth, onion, garlic, dried basil & oregano and olive oil to a pot.
- Bring it to the boil and push the spaghetti down into the boiling water. You can also break the spaghetti in half to fit them into the pot.
- Close the lid and let it simmer for approx. 12 minutes until al dente → stir occasionally.
- Try if the pasta is al dente. Otherwise, add a little bit of water and let it simmer for another few minutes until al dente.
- You now should have a decent pot of spaghetti with a delicious tomato sauce.
- Use any kind of pasta – cook them ~3 minutes longer tha according to the package.
- Use fresh basil instead of dried one.
- Add fresh rocket and sprinkle with vegan cheese before serving.
More Vegan Pasta Recipes
- Roasted Cauliflower Pasta with Garlic and Olives
- Cashew Tomato Pasta
- Vegan Bolognese with Mushroom and Walnut
One Pot Pasta
Click on the stars to leave a vote!
- Option One: Break the spaghetti in half and place in a pot. Add all the other ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Option Two: Add all ingredients in a large pot, bring it to the boil, and push the spaghetti into the boiling water without breaking them.
- Let it simmer for ~12 minutes over medium heat with the lid on. Stir occasionally. Your pasta is ready when they are al dente, and all the liquid is soaked up. → If the pasta is still too hard, add a little more water and cook for another few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with vegan cheese.
- The cooking time can vary depending on the thickness of your spaghetti.
- Use fresh herbs instead of dried ones.